"Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." Matthew 28.18-20
Getting Started 301: Growing and Serving at CapCity
At CapCity, we strive to build 24/7, 365 Jesus Followers, and there is a path that every Christian must take to become one: Just Looking, Getting Started, Digging Deeper, and All In. Join us for Getting Started 301 to learn more. This class meets quarterly, with three sessions to choose from - during both Sunday morning services or on the following Wednesday night.
Next session TBA.
For more information, contact our Associate Minister, Ben Webb, at [email protected].
CHRIST-DRIVEN, 24/7 IS MORE THAT A MISSION STATEMENT.
We believe God calls us to a deeper life beyond an hour a week. To become Christ-Driven, 24/7 Jesus followers, we must be in a relationship with Him and spend time worshipping, connecting, growing, and serving. We challenge everyone in our #capcityfam to make time for all four of these things each week.
We gather each week as a #capcityfam to worship our God. We want our daily lives to reflect our worship, but on Sundays, we gather as a family to give thanks and praise Him for all that he has done.
We were not made to do life alone. Life Groups are one way that we connect with each other and "do life together." As we follow Christ together, friendships emerge, and true discipleship occurs. It's more than a Sunday thing; it is a way of life.
We believe God calls us to a deeper life with Him that goes beyond an hour a week. We encourage every Jesus-Follower to have "personal time" with God daily. We also offer a variety of Groups where our #capcityfam can grow in faith and support others as they do the same.
God created us on purpose, for a purpose, and that purpose is way bigger than serving ourselves; it is to serve God and to serve others.
Everyone is somewhere on this "Discipleship Path." Where are you?
- Just Looking (Worship)
- You're just looking at the church, finding out what they are about and what it can do for you.
- But, don't look too long...you will become hardened to your "no!"
- Getting Started (Connect)
- You're starting to surrender to Jesus as Lord and getting connected to the church family. You've decided to do life with God, for God, His way...together!
- At this stage, it's about being fed... don't get stuck here!
- Digging Deeper (Grow)
- You're starting to go from "being saved" to "maturing as a Jesus follower."
- You are developing a life with God outside of "church."
- You are starting to feed yourself but wait; there is more!
- All In (Serve)
- You have realized that it's not just about you anymore but about serving God and helping others along the way.
- You have become a "disciple who makes disciples."
Find Ways to Serve
We firmly believe, here at CapCity, that SERVE is one of four essential pillars for a healthy faith, along with WORSHIP, CONNECT, and GROW. This isn't just our idea; we believe it is God's idea about how to do life with Him best, His way. We believe, as it says in Ephesians 2:10, "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." God created us on purpose, for a purpose, and that purpose is way bigger than serving ourselves.
Find out ways you can serve here.